<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Moab pics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 pm 

Had a great trip. Hope to be back again some day.

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p200 ... ?start=all

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:52 pm 
strangler is hoser's shrink

Awesome pics, looks like a great trip!
How's your truck work with the linked front?
Is your towrig gas or diesel? MPG with the trailer?
Thanks for sharing the pics!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:05 pm 

The front end worked flawlessly in everything from rocks to 30-40 MPH rough desert running and even a little bit of street driving. I can't believe I put up with the leaf springs and hydro assist for as long as I did before making the switch. I'm still a little disappointed with the turning power of the PSC system, but 3 other guys in my group have the identical setup and theirs all act the same way too, so I don't think anything is wrong with mine. I guess that's just how it is.

My truck is indeed a Duramax (LBZ) and just broke 20,000 miles. It has 265 tires, 90HP PPE tune, AFE intake, and 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust. Running 75-80 MPH heading West mostly on I90 with a decent head wind I got 13. As we got into the mountains, it was down to 11 by the time I hit the East entrance of Yellowstone. Heading home going through Denver then I80 running the same speed (except for 2 hours of 25 MPH white-out driving through Denver) I got 12.1. I was extremely impatient with driving and never backed out of it on the hills. Hand calculations always match what the dash says. The other guys in the group all drove Cummins rigs and from NC through TX and NM at similar speeds, they saw the same mileage.

Glad to share. Hope its motivation for other people to head out some day. Its absolutely worth the drive. Amazing country out there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:22 pm 
Fresh out of the Clam

Nice pictures, nice rigs always wanted to ride there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:19 pm 

Just saw you pics today. Looks like an awesome trip!

[ 5 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic