<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
9MM semi auto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 am 

Had some asshole try to break into my house the 4th weekend, smashed a window out, and was going to take a brick and clean out the debris with a paver brick pried out of my back sidewalk. I am going to defend myself against any intruder that dares enter my domicile.

lemme know what you got. Needs to make holes in humans.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:13 pm 
strangler is hoser's shrink

I have a brand new FIE .380 (9x17, 9mm short). It's Italian, and very Berrettaish. Nothing special, but a nice size and it fired the half-box of .380 that I had without complaint. It's no Sig or Browning, but it works- $250

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:17 pm 

strangler wrote:
I have a brand new FIE .380 (9x17, 9mm short). It's Italian, and very Berrettaish. Nothing special, but a nice size and it fired the half-box of .380 that I had without complaint. It's no Sig or Browning, but it works- $250

I have a Taurus revolver snubbie 2" barrel 357 mag (shoots 38 +p obviously). Paid $240 for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

I have a new Springfield XD .45 ACP w/5" barrel that is still unfired. Makes bigger holes in humans.

Comes with a case, carry holster, carry mag holster, flashlight bracket, and lock. $500.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 pm 

I haven't had time to apply for a purchase permit, but I'm not ignoring replies. Still dealing with sick a bit before I can get out, but I am definitely buying a human leak producer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:54 pm 

For home protection, a shotgun is where it's at. Much more intimidating and much more damage will be done if you choose to pull the trigger. Also easier to use.

Handguns require practice to use them correctly. Not hitting the person in the right place, or missing them, doesn't do much good. Also, 9s aren't the most potent weapon anyway. 380s are even worse. I have a 380 and I really think I'd do more damage by throwing the gun at them. If you're stuck on a handgun, I wouldn't get anything less than a 40 and I wouldn't be afraid to spend the money on good ammo. Burn cheap shit for practice, but by the good stuff to keep in it.

However, 00 buck is hard to beat for making big bloody death seeking holes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:56 am 

I'm plenty adept at pointing a handgun, I have many certs from boy scout camp. I have a 14Ga. single shot long gun, but it doesn't fit in the drawer next to my bed, and I want to be able to pump off several rounds to make smiley faces on offenders.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:56 am 
strangler is hoser's shrink

Zook94 wrote:
I have a 14Ga.

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:22 am 

strangler wrote:
Zook94 wrote:
I have a 14Ga.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I said nothing about ammunition, the gun was my wifes grandfathers. Hasn't been fired in better than 50 years, and doesn't even look menacing. Looks like a cork popper.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:19 pm 

Zook94 wrote:
I'm plenty adept at pointing a handgun, I have many certs from boy scout camp. I have a 14Ga. single shot long gun, but it doesn't fit in the drawer next to my bed, and I want to be able to pump off several rounds to make smiley faces on offenders.

Pointing at a target and at somebody who wants to kill you is quite a bit different. I don't know you or you're training, but no matter who you are, a shotty is easier to use under stress. Also, it's often times cheaper than a decent handgun.

If you're set on a handgun, I'll sell you a Glock 27 for $525 that's in perfect condition. Only has had maybe 5 or 600 rounds through it and is less than a year old.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:24 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Glocks are junk. Get a Daisy BB gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:17 pm 

WhiteRhino wrote:

Ha! How are you liking that 23?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:04 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

oz97tj wrote:
WhiteRhino wrote:

Ha! How are you liking that 23?

Shoots great but I'm afraid to get caught with it. The former owner probably robbed a bank or something.

Night sights are about shot..........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:25 pm 

Previous owner is a douche but the number are clear on the gun. At least they were when he owned it.

Are you serious about the night sights? They are trijicons which have a 10 or 12 year warranty. The gun isn't that old.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Yeah, they're pretty dim. I thought they were OK until I tried to shoot at dusk and compared it to my J-frame which was bright as could be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:24 pm 

WhiteRhino wrote:
Yeah, they're pretty dim. I thought they were OK until I tried to shoot at dusk and compared it to my J-frame which was bright as could be.

Wow. Try calling them and asking about their warranty. I think it only qualifies for the original owner, but I do know of some people who bought guns second hand and they still replaced them. They are good to deal with.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

How can I find out how old the gun is?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:21 pm 

WhiteRhino wrote:
How can I find out how old the gun is?

I bought in late 02, I think. I don't know what they need, but a call to them wouldn't hurt to see. Like I said before, I know they have replaced sights for some people I know with nothing more than them telling them they were bad...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:49 pm 

Mossburg 500 12Ga

'nuff sed

[ 19 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic