<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Steel & Aluminum Random Drops

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:15 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Posting this everywhere else, why not here too....

At our shop we are starting a "Drop Room" for extra pieces of steel and aluminum to sell to anyone that shows up.

We have miscellaneous pieces from 1"-48"+ long, solid, tube, square, sheet, round etc... The stuff left over from production that we don't want to throw out, but is kinda overflowing our normal steel racks. Examples of typical drops: 2"ODx.062 wall ERW steel round tube 18"+, 1.250x.25 HR Steel Bar 10"+, 15"sqx .075 HRPO sheet, .062x21"dia. round sheets, 4"x4"x.12 wall Alum Sq. Tube 12"+, etc...

Prices right now are $2/lb for any kind of steel and around $5/lb for aluminum with a $10 minimum.

My boss has given me permission to offer a discount, so anyone that presents a GLFWDA Member card that is current gets 1/2 off final cost. And there won't me a minimum for a GLFWDA Member. GLFWDA Members cost would end up $1/lb steel and $2.50/lb alum. with no minimum.

These are just small pieces of random stuff, if you want to make a bracket for a CB, patch panels for your Jeep, alum sheet for a custom fuel cell, etc... we have something. If you need 40' of tubing, that is not us. What we have changes week to week.

Its all as-is, no cuts, you pay any tax if there is, cash only. Walk in, 8am-5pm M-F (PM me for additional hours, I usually stay later and work on weekends)

Certified Metal Products, Inc.
22802 Morelli Dr.
Clinton Twp, MI 48036

http://cmpinc.us/

Please do not PM me to ask if I have a certain size.
I don't want to run an inventory and if I need a piece, I'll take it off the shelf for shop use or for my own projects :teehee: I'm trying to keep it organized, I need to build a rack for the longer 4-6' drops...I scraped so much good metal over the last year :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:17 pm 

What about discounts for admins at Misfitoffroad.com? I don't have a GLFWDA card, but I provided a place for you to peddle your wares.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:11 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Well, the stuff outside is free....

I wish I saw some cash from selling these drops, but I don't, I might get paid back from my boss if we get enough shoppers stopping in thou!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 pm 

pic 3065

is that all steel or AL?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:14 am 

Appears to be steel to me.....?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 am 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Yup, steel there. I think its .075, but could be wrong. I have some extra strips of .090 alum x 12" wide, about 8-10' long.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Have 2 sheets about 22" x 60" .062 CRS $20 each sheet, one side good, other light rust and edges are ding'd up a bit.

[ 7 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic