<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Been a long time since I have had a Virgin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:15 am 

Considering buying a pair of Can-Am 1000X side by sides, to beat around the ORV areas. Do these things throw enough power to invest in a set of paddles for dune traveling? There is a dealer here in town, but he only has a BRP tricycle at the moment. I don't want any BS about brand, I stick by Rotax engines to the end.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:24 am 

ohhh so now im allowed to post in here. i think you should buy a suzuki samarui

HOGGIN AND BOGGIN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 am 

They have lots of power but are also much bigger, heavier, and are not allowed on state atv trails if that matters to you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm 

I didn't know that they were forbidden on state trails, may make a difference to me. To make a point tho, the one you have pictured has a long arm suspension, making it look much bigger. The X is made for competetion with fancy alloy bead locks and cool stuff. I want a machine that is heavy duty right out of the box, without having to change the roll cage to make it trustworthy.

I did some looking at the other side by sides, and the Rhino, the Mule, and others are all around 55 inches wide roughly. The RZR is the only one that is 50 inches, but the Can-Am still fits in a pickup box.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 am 

Ok, you RZR owner, explain yourself.

SPECIFICATIONS
RANGER RZR® S 800
STARTING AT: $12,499 U.S. MSRP

ENGINE | DRIVETRAIN | SUSPENSION | BRAKES | TIRES WHEELS
DIMENSIONS | CAPACITIES | FEATURES

Engine
Engine Type 4-Stroke Twin Cylinder
Displacement 760cc High Output (H.O.)
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection
Cooling Liquid
Drivetrain
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD
Suspension
Front Suspension Dual A-Arm 12" (30.5 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension Dual A-Arm, Rolled with Anti-Sway Bar 12" (30.5 cm) Travel
Brakes
Front/Rear Brakes 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
Parking Brake Park in Transmission
Tires Wheels
Front Tires / Model 27 x 9-12; ITP 900 XCT
Rear Tires / Model 27 x 11-12; ITP 900 XCT
Wheels Cast Aluminum
Dimensions
Wheelbase 77" (196 cm)
Dry Weight 1,000 lb (454 kg)
Overall Vehicle Size (LxWxH) 104 x 60.5 x 70.5" (264.2 x 153.7 x 179 cm)
Ground Clearance 12.5" (32 cm)
Capacities
Fuel Capacity 7.25 gal (27.4 L)
Bed Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 22 x 42 x 6.5" (56 x 107 x 16.5 cm)
Box Capacity N.A./300 lb (136.1 kg)
Payload Capacity 740 lb (335.6 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating 1,500 lb (680.4 kg)
Hitch/Type Standard/1.25" Receiver
Features
Cargo System Lock & Ride
Lighting 55W low/ 60W high
Electronic Power Steering Not Equipped
Instrumentation Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter, Clock, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlet

This makes the RZR also not legal for ATV trails, being that the law states 50 inches or less, but right on their site, they picture a side by side that is wider than the law allows. I dunno, I'm buying the Can-Am.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:47 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

I'm going to be buying a Rhino. I want the utility aspect. If not, either the Can Am or the RZR.

If you guys are interested in used ones, I'll hook you up with Karl Mosher. Goes by Ridgerunner on Kelly's site. He is now a licensed dealer & buys repo's on auction. I don't have a direct link to his web site right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:25 pm 

Again, I want a virgin. I have not had luck with buying things that have been repo'ed, folks that know their shit is gonna get taken sometimes do very bad things to mechanicals. I don't mind paying the freight for a new unit, the used market might land you something like alumcj sold, a worn out used up pos.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:34 pm 

I have a standard rzr not the rzr "s" which is 10 inches wider......

tires tucked under

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 pm 

WhiteRhino wrote:
I'm going to be buying a Rhino. I want the utility aspect. If not, either the Can Am or the RZR.

If you guys are interested in used ones, I'll hook you up with Karl Mosher. Goes by Ridgerunner on Kelly's site. He is now a licensed dealer & buys repo's on auction. I don't have a direct link to his web site right now.

The rangers are pretty nice too. Coleville has the 4 seater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm 
strangler is hoser's shrink

One of the guys I ride dirtbikes with rented a Rhino when he had a bad leg during a weekend ride. The rear wheel fell off, hub and all. LH thread vs. RH thread apparently does not apply in the utility world.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 pm 

strangler wrote:
One of the guys I ride dirtbikes with rented a Rhino when he had a bad leg during a weekend ride. The rear wheel fell off, hub and all. LH thread vs. RH thread apparently does not apply in the utility world.

That's it, I'm not getting one then. Enough to scare me aways.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:00 pm 
I SMELL Sh!t

Zook94 wrote:
Ok, you RZR owner, explain yourself.

SPECIFICATIONS
RANGER RZR® S 800

Ingredients
14 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato (about 5 pounds)
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preparation
Preheat oven to 375°.

Place potato in a Dutch oven, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.

Combine the half-and-half and next 4 ingredients (half-and-half through egg) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add potato to egg mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.

Combine flour and sugar in a food processor; pulse to combine. Add chilled butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over potato mixture.

Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until the topping is browned and the potatoes are thoroughly heated.

This makes the RZR also not legal for ATV trails, being that the law states 50 inches or less, but right on their site, they picture a side by side that is wider than the law allows. I dunno, I'm buying the Can-Am.

thats for the rzr s not the std rzr

May 13 2010: "I should be able to put the body back on in a couple of weeks."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:06 pm 

Hey, what do I know from a RZR S. They all look the same to me, red with wheels n a window net.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

strangler wrote:

I'm sure that happens all the time. I'll chance it though. I only want a 2 seater with the cargo box in the back. Remember, I'm old and need to haul firewood.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 am 
strangler is hoser's shrink

I can understand that, but thats a lot of money for something to rely on a pervailing torque nut on a driven axle. If cotter pins have been costed-out of the build, what else has?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:00 pm 

the mounds were fun in a stock razr. even made the rock crawl in it. but i do hope you guys buying these 10k plus machines realize they break just as much as a 10k offroad rig. just ask alumcj. for just cruising they will probably last a long time. if your going to constantly be beating on them I see a razr repair thread in this sites near future. ill be getting one too. just not sure when. its alot of coin that I cant seem to find yet. hopefully next summer/fall

HOGGIN AND BOGGIN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 pm 

strangler wrote:
I can understand that, but thats a lot of money for something to rely on a pervailing torque nut on a driven axle. If cotter pins have been costed-out of the build, what else has?

Rhinos are for hauling horse feed, not jumping. Your friend rented the wrong machine for his needs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 pm 

Gummy Bear wrote:
the mounds were fun in a stock razr. even made the rock crawl in it. but i do hope you guys buying these 10k plus machines realize they break just as much as a 10k offroad rig. just ask alumcj. for just cruising they will probably last a long time. if your going to constantly be beating on them I see a razr repair thread in this sites near future. ill be getting one too. just not sure when. its alot of coin that I cant seem to find yet. hopefully next summer/fall

Everything can be broken . I just happen to prefer a SxS over a truck at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:37 pm 

I need the bigger one for load carrying capacity (passenger cargo) My girlfriends really, reaally fat.

[ 19 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic