<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
beadlocks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:40 pm 
Webwheelerousmaximus

okay im looking at the stuan beadlocks and the Inner Airlock beadlock. To me, the inner air lock looks like a plain rubber bag. they give no description about the material composition of the beadlock. If this is the case, of course it is going to be cheaper than Stauns... because of the cost of Kevlar. Of course if you puncture one of the inner air locks because it doesn't have any Kevlar you WILL lose the bead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:34 am 

roger wrote:
okay im looking at the stuan beadlocks and the Inner Airlock beadlock. To me, the inner air lock looks like a plain rubber bag. they give no description about the material composition of the beadlock. If this is the case, of course it is going to be cheaper than Stauns... because of the cost of Kevlar. Of course if you puncture one of the inner air locks because it doesn't have any Kevlar you WILL lose the bead.

talk to Nick, he has Inner Airlocks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:02 pm 

I have stauns in my Krawlers, have had them down in the 3-4 range with no problems. When I have checked the pressure in the staun itself, it was right where I left it. Staun's also will let you air down without letting the air out of the tube, from what I understand the IALs don't. .02

Downside to the staun is the valve stem, I did tear one off at R&V, I replaced them with some flush streetrod valve stems and solved the problem. Not sure it its the Stauns fault or the position on the H2 wheel.

[ 3 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic