<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
tubeish body

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:12 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

wasnt there a company a few years ago that made a tube kit to amke basically a "rock crawler esque" body that bolted on a cj frame.

I am half contemplating body options now that my tiny cj5 is driveable again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:17 pm 

Shaffer's offroad Diablo Sport $1200

http://www.shaffersoffroad.com/shop/pro ... cts_id=488

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:59 pm 

wow love it... doesnt look too hard to build

just lookin for something to have fun in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:56 pm 

otherjohnny: You need to start with a jeep frame. Judging from the pics you've posted, you'd be better off buying the whole diablo chassis.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 am 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

it is pretty cool but i dont think it would work for me. good starting point for some ideas one of those deals where for it to fit my needs i'd ahve to change enough stuff i could probably get one of you to ork your mojo. i might be a little better suited with a good internal cage system..

i'd almost think if they had a named chassis they might have a few models to chose from

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:35 am 

JohnnyJ wrote:
otherjohnny: You need to start with a jeep frame. Judging from the pics you've posted, you'd be better off buying the whole diablo chassis.

yah but i cant afford it. im in process of buying another yj with a solid frame and body and a blown engine. going to use the rust bucket for a few parts i know it needs and a spare set of axles until i go full width or something bigger standard width. trust me a full buggy chassis is a dream. but also a pita due to trying to make it street legal. lol

just lookin for something to have fun in.

[ 6 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic