<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Riding season is close!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:49 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Whos started prepping for spring? Just got mine down from the barn into the garage today. I got a laundry list of shit to get done that i've been putting off.

Anyone else?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:43 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Oh. When replacing a clutch, can i just replace the friction discs? Or should i replace the steel rings as well?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:36 am 

Check the steels for discoloration from heat, and for warping. If they are grooved from the frictions, ditch em. Its easiest to go in one time, so its usually best bet to replace both at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:31 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

I may as well change the name of this thread to Sabre Q&A. Another question, Why would gear oil be spewing out the vent cap on top of my final drive housing? It only seems to do it when its cold, after a while of riding it stops. The fluid is new, not overfull, correct type, etc. I checked out the vent to see if it has a check valve or something inside of it that was sticky or messed up, but its just a straight forward vent.

Its scary to have a rear tire coated in gear lube.

Oh and thanks Grant. They seem to be in pretty good shape, so im going to reuse them. Only 20K miles on the bike. I've heard of people taking like 400 grit on a DA to them and just lightly cleaning them up. good idea/bad idea?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:08 pm 

Scuffing them up with a DA couldn't hurt, but I wouldn't hit them too hard.

The vent thing, I would put a chunk of clear pvc tubing on the vent nipple, and zip tie it to the frame, and put a universal fuel filter at the top, to keep big chunks of stuff out.

[ 5 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic