<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
boats vs wheelers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:36 pm 

Just the other day after I seen the remnants of my pile'o'chevy leave the yard I started missing wheeling already. I figured the boat would slow down my carnage and repair list but I was wrong.

So I towed my boat down to lake michigan to visit my parents, while out on lake michigan something starts making allota noise
-Blown lower unit
$1500

SO my dad decided we should bring it to his shop in green bay wisconsin to have his service techs fix it for me. Cool. 20 minutes north of green bay coolant starts running down the hood of my truck and she starts knocking pretty hard.
Chevy tbi 350 buh bye, replaced with fresh projected 454
-$1500ish by now

2 weeks later my neighbor and I pile in his duramax with my car trailer to head to green bay to retrieve my blown up truck. , After a stop at the topless bar and a few beers we were back on the road. 4 AM my trailer starts smokin,
trailer wheelbearings
-$200

$3200 coulda bought alot of axel joints :lol:

Even after all this I still miss my boat, but I'm starting to get the itch to build another wheeler already, damn I though I was going to be able to hold out for anohter year. I miss the woods. :crying: I think its time to start my collecting parts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:34 pm 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:27 pm 

It doesnt matter the sport, if it involves an engine it costs a lot of money to play.

My boat proved fairly reliable this summer, but I spent a ton in gas.

My jeeps usually cost a lot more in parts then they did in gas.

I have more fun on the boat then on the trails, but I do have a jeep again to play around with, so we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:23 pm 

Yeah thats no kidding, just figured I'd spend more in gas than in parts on the boat, they're pretty close to equal right now :bitch:

But on a side note I might a bought another scout 2, oooh boy round 3 on scouts. I'm thinkin a bobbed rear, narrowed front, linked rear axel, tuned port sbc, sm465 and some 38's might be kinda fun on a old $hitspreader. :thumb:

[ 4 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic