<- Home Page *Search  



1, 2, 3 Reply to topic Post new topic
Wanna-be K30 Suburban tow-rig project.
 
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:25 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
so you had an offroad shop do a almost direct axle swap for you? dont forget an oil change too :thumb:


Yeah, for a fee. I bet you wish your poor ass could figure out how to pull that off.

Once again, you have proven that you are an ignorant douchebag, douchebag. Good job! :thumb:


no not really, because that probably means I am either too stupid or more than likely too lazy

im not that ignorant, I can actually put an axle in my truck :lol:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:34 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
so you had an offroad shop do a almost direct axle swap for you? dont forget an oil change too :thumb:


Yeah, for a fee. I bet you wish your poor ass could figure out how to pull that off.

Once again, you have proven that you are an ignorant douchebag, douchebag. Good job! :thumb:


no not really, because that probably means I am either too stupid or more than likely too lazy

im not that ignorant, I can actually put an axle in my truck :lol:


You're obviously too stupid if you would not let someone else do work for free indoors with a vehicle hoist and power tools while you watch in a heated environment in mid-December. But hey, go ahead and keep assuming you know anything about what I do or how I do it. :thumb:

You also need to utilize Dictionary.com and learn what the word "ignorant" actually means.

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:57 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
so you had an offroad shop do a almost direct axle swap for you? dont forget an oil change too :thumb:


Yeah, for a fee. I bet you wish your poor ass could figure out how to pull that off.

Once again, you have proven that you are an ignorant douchebag, douchebag. Good job! :thumb:


no not really, because that probably means I am either too stupid or more than likely too lazy

im not that ignorant, I can actually put an axle in my truck :lol:


You're obviously too stupid if you would not let someone else do work for free indoors with a vehicle hoist and power tools while you watch in a heated environment in mid-December. But hey, go ahead and keep assuming you know anything about what I do or how I do it. :thumb:

You also need to utilize Dictionary.com and learn what the word "ignorant" actually means.



no....... you are stupiderrr :stupid:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:42 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Here's your update, dooooouuuuucccchhheeeeebaaaaaaaaag.

Its now back there getting its front axle so it'll be squared away for this weekend's parts run. Going in the front will be a Chevy D60 from the same generation truck with 35-spline Ford outer assemblies, dual-piston calipers, and lockouts. :thumb: Also finally got the 454 and trans unloaded into storage for the driveline swap next year.


Someone move this to Rig Builds, please!

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Last edited by PavementPounder on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 am 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Saw the front today. Kingpins rebuilt, everything cleaned up and mostly assembled. Only waiting on a new tie-rod and 35-spline lockouts. Not sure how the steering arm and drag link will work out with the Ford knuckles & outers. Got a line on some good used 315/75r17 BFG AT's, too.

Image
Image

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Last edited by PavementPounder on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:56 am 

Posts: 1546

Offline
ditch the gay H2s

_________________
Ford powered MCM chassis


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:21 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
PavementPounder wrote:
Saw the front today. Kingpins rebuilt, everything cleaned up and mostly assembled. Only waiting on a new tie-rod and 35-spline lockouts. Not sure how the steering arm and drag link will work out with the Ford knuckles & outers. Got a line on some good used 315/75r17 BFG AT's, too.


it will probably work out by you buying some expensive ass part and have that offroad shop installl it :eek:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:24 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
PavementPounder wrote:
Saw the front today. Kingpins rebuilt, everything cleaned up and mostly assembled. Only waiting on a new tie-rod and 35-spline lockouts. Not sure how the steering arm and drag link will work out with the Ford knuckles & outers. Got a line on some good used 315/75r17 BFG AT's, too.


it will probably work out by you buying some expensive ass part and have that offroad shop installl it :eek:


That's right, because I have a good job, I can afford it, and I was at work making more money while they were working on it all week, douchebag. In fact, I was even out making money while they were installing it. The time saved by not having to do it myself allowed me to sell off all the leftover parts and recover money. :thumb:

If fact, its already done, back at my house, and I've already towed a vehicle on a trailer with it. Its amazing how much progress can be made when you're not poor. Do you think everybody has forgotten how you had other people do the work on your buggy, douchebag? What about Roger having Casey do the work on his CJ, douchebag? Is that somehow not the same, douchebag?

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:28 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
PavementPounder wrote:
Saw the front today. Kingpins rebuilt, everything cleaned up and mostly assembled. Only waiting on a new tie-rod and 35-spline lockouts. Not sure how the steering arm and drag link will work out with the Ford knuckles & outers. Got a line on some good used 315/75r17 BFG AT's, too.


it will probably work out by you buying some expensive ass part and have that offroad shop installl it :eek:


That's right, because I have a good job, I can afford it, and I was at work making more money while they were working on it all week, douchebag. In fact, I was even out making money while they were installing it. The time saved by not having to do it myself allowed me to sell off all the leftover parts and recover money. :thumb:

If fact, its already done, back at my house, and I've already towed a vehicle on a trailer with it. Its amazing how much progress can be made when you're not poor. Do you think everybody has forgotten how you had other people do the work on your buggy, douchebag?


drill and tap my links?(dont have a lathe) bend my chassis (dont know how, and dont have the tools, i helped throughout the entire process)

hardly a comparison to installing a bolt in rear axle :rolleyes:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:33 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
casey can bend a fawking nice cage, that take some sort of talent or skill and some tooling i dont have, but like i said that is hardly a comparison to changing your oil :slap:

can i be a colostomy bag?

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:34 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
PavementPounder wrote:
Saw the front today. Kingpins rebuilt, everything cleaned up and mostly assembled. Only waiting on a new tie-rod and 35-spline lockouts. Not sure how the steering arm and drag link will work out with the Ford knuckles & outers. Got a line on some good used 315/75r17 BFG AT's, too.


it will probably work out by you buying some expensive ass part and have that offroad shop installl it :eek:


That's right, because I have a good job, I can afford it, and I was at work making more money while they were working on it all week, douchebag. In fact, I was even out making money while they were installing it. The time saved by not having to do it myself allowed me to sell off all the leftover parts and recover money. :thumb:

If fact, its already done, back at my house, and I've already towed a vehicle on a trailer with it. Its amazing how much progress can be made when you're not poor. Do you think everybody has forgotten how you had other people do the work on your buggy, douchebag?


drill and tap my links?(dont have a lathe) bend my chassis (dont know how, and dont have the tools)

hardly a comparison to installing a bolt in rear axle :rolleyes:


Hey douchebag - although that part of the job was free because I hauled parts across the state for UORC, the extent of the job was not just installing the rear axle. Maybe XJeeper will read this and describe to you all the problems that were encountered that I most certainly could not have solved on my own in the time it took for this entire job to get done. I'm sure he'll appreciate the suggestion that his efforts were merely bullshit work.

I can see that you have not yet looked up the definition of the word "ignorant" either, douchebag.

The point is that I'm getting shit done while you sit around collecting food stamps while you wait to die. Its too fucking bad that you don't have the means to have nice shit, but your lack of motivation to better your own life is not my problem. Go be a whiney bitch about it someplace else.

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:43 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
xjeeper aint gotta tell me shit about anything, i know what goes into converting a solid axle chevy 73-87 or 88-91 k5-burb to x-over steering and standard push-pull, you want to know why? because i have done it :popcorn:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:53 pm 

Posts: 1546

Offline
ditch the gay H2s

_________________
Ford powered MCM chassis


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:33 pm 

Posts: 2662

Offline
Bones wrote:
ditch the gay


ya, what he said...

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:45 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
xjeeper aint gotta tell me shit about anything, i know what goes into converting a solid axle chevy 73-87 or 88-91 k5-burb to x-over steering and standard push-pull, you want to know why? because i have done it :popcorn:


I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T

We didn't do that, clown. There was no need to. This truck is not being built to wheel. But thanks for finally making a nice post on Michigan jeepers.

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:53 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
xjeeper aint gotta tell me shit about anything, i know what goes into converting a solid axle chevy 73-87 or 88-91 k5-burb to x-over steering and standard push-pull, you want to know why? because i have done it :popcorn:


I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T

We didn't do that, clown. There was no need to. This truck is not being built to wheel. But thanks for finally making a nice post on Michigan jeepers.


you didnt do what? use standard push-pull steering? or convert the rig to x-over?

im pretty sure you did one or the other unless you went full hydraulic on a toe rig :lol: call Xjeeper and ask him what kind of steering you have on your truck :rolleyes:

ps i love you

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:44 am 

Posts: 528

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
toe rig


What the fuck is a toe rig? :lol: :rolleyes:

_________________
YJ Project underway...


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:16 am 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
im pretty sure you did one or the other unless you went full hydraulic on a toe rig :lol: call Xjeeper and ask him what kind of steering you have on your truck :rolleyes:

ps i love you


If I said "we didn't do that", it means that nothing changed. That's called English.

And I suspect you are making these broad statements because you don't know what year it is, so you're not sure what it had in the first place. Speaking about things you are not educated on or don't know anything about is called (you guessed it) ignorance.

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:05 am 

Posts: 2949

Offline
PavementPounder wrote:
Trailrig wrote:
im pretty sure you did one or the other unless you went full hydraulic on a toe rig :lol: call Xjeeper and ask him what kind of steering you have on your truck :rolleyes:

ps i love you


If I said "we didn't do that", it means that nothing changed. That's called English.

And I suspect you are making these broad statements because you don't know what year it is, so you're not sure what it had in the first place. Speaking about things you are not educated on or don't know anything about is called (you guessed it) ignorance.


So that means you have factory style steering on it. That body style had 1 type of steering and it blows.

73-87 trucks/blazers\burbs and 88-91 k5 blazers\burbs had what they refer to as push pull steering because the draglink is parallel to the frame, the major drawback to this is that the draglink is so short that any amount of lift or flex of the suspension on the driver side will throw your geometry all outta whack, I have had instances with push pull steering where my driver side tire is at full droop and I had 0 steeering because the angle of the draglink is so steep,

I think you are the one who dont know WTF they are talking about :lol:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 am 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Dooooouuuuchebaaaaag, I will explain this one more time.


I didn't build this truck to wheel, flex, or do anything other than tow & haul parts. That's why the steering was left the way it was. As you already read on Michigan jeepers, my intent is to restore the factory drag link to its stock angle as best I can. The steering doesn't need anything else aside from a stabilizer after the leaf spring bushings are replaced in order to eliminate the deathwobble issue that popped up.



Image

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:14 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
1.its not a truck, its a suburban.......

2.they suck for a parts hauler ask bigbadjimmy

3.dana 60 in a tow rig? compensating for something?

4. you suck

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:24 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
1.its not a truck, its a suburban.......

2.they suck for a parts hauler ask bigbadjimmy

3.dana 60 in a tow rig? compensating for something?

4. you suck


1. Its a truck you assclown. Go do some research on the framing underneath it. Just so you don't think I'm making this kind of shit up, go do some research on the GMT-900 platform and pay attention to what models are built on it.

2. I don't have to ask Bigbadjimmy a damn thing because I'm speaking from experience. Its already allowed me to do parts business to the tune of 3x what I paid for it in less than 30 days, I don't have to fuck around with a trailer or trailer registrations, full pallets can be forklift loaded into it (already done it twice), shit doesn't get wet inside it, and its lockable. You're an idiot and once again know nothing of what you're talking about. Refer to the picture below. That's a complete 78 HPD60 sitting in the back with the 2nd row seats up, I've already carried multiple 14b's back there simultaneously, as well as a Chevy D60, a 4L80e, and a pallet of gears, lockers, and D60 outer assemblies.

Image

3. How about we take a poll of how many 4wd tow rigs are on this board with D60 or AAM 925 fronts? How about every modern 2500-up 4wd Chevy, Ford, and Dodge? How about every 4wd diesel? TTB D50 Fords count also, since they have D60 outers. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, probably have no clue as to what components affect a vehicles GVWR, and pretty much made that abundantly obvious when you first made the comment about 4.10's + 33's on a tow rig when most of them come with 4.10's from the factory and 285/75's are a well-known popular aftermarket tire choice for larger trucks. You may be perfectly content building "adequate" shit, but I prefer to overbuild for "insurance". The D60 that went into this truck got me the dual-piston brakes I wanted for towing. If it ever gets damaged enough that repair is not possible, I have good parts at my disposal to reuse or sell.

4. You're an uneducated fool. Remember, you can't fix stupid.

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:47 pm 
User avatar
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Posts: 106

Offline
got pics of the h2's on all 4 corners, with the 315's from mike???

_________________
Come on man! Floor it!

95 XJ white


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:07 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
i didnt read any of that :flipoff:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:35 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 2365

Offline
dline wrote:
got pics of the h2's on all 4 corners, with the 315's from mike???


I only have a couple I took at night after I picked up both vehicles and washed them off. The fronts sit right at the edge of the fender where I hoped they would. The rears are tucked in a little, but the added tire makes them look better than the bald 33's I had on there temporarily. The proportion of tire to wheel now looks a lot better than the 17's did with the bald 33's. Its squatting a little due to the XJ and trailer. I may change the rear springs sometime in the future after the motor swap.


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
http://www.kozoffroad.com

Image


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
1, 2, 3
[ 75 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic


Who is online

Jump to:  

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group