bass :slap:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:53 pm 
Dirty DaVe

btt :thumb:

dave has the right idea.
roger that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:46 pm 

Well guys, long time no update...

Between the new little one, the new CNC mill and my summer basement remodel, I had almost Zero time to work on the BKO project. I got back out to the shop for a few hours today and began working on the sheet metal again. I would have picked back up on my gauge project, but it may never reach completion. I am afraid that I lost some important bits and pieces while the shop was a wreck. I am going to go back to the import stuff first. Finish the truck body, reinstall all missing mechanicals, get it up and running and movable, and maybe even put in the stereo this year. It will all depend on how much time my wife and kids allow :D

Here is the first new picture for the new year. I started moving the external wheel openings. Being that I don't have a lot of money to sink into the project now, I am using the stock metal. If all goes well, it should buy me a few years, and I will get new quarters and cut those up. I intend to cut the rust out of the wheel arches and replace with custom fiberglass flares. We will get there when we get there. Here is the pic from today:

Later,
Jason

"Vehicles illegally parked here will be cheerfully disassembled and used for parts"

1985 CJ-7, 460,C6,BW1356,NP205, R/C Front D60, Standard Rear, 37" Irocks, 4 link front and rear, locked front and rear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:54 pm 

I got a bit more work done on the rear quarter today. Ended up cutting out the patch in front of the wheel well and making a new one from new steel rather than try and recycle that little bit of the body. Anyhow, it is coming along okay. I am still really debating just dropping the coin on some new rear quarter sections...

Does anyone know if the pick up bed side patch will work on a BKO? Thing is, to make this work, I need the extra length available in the pick up patch. There is no bronco patch I can find with enough metal ahead of the wheel well to work.

Here are today's pictures:

Later,
Jason

"Vehicles illegally parked here will be cheerfully disassembled and used for parts"

1985 CJ-7, 460,C6,BW1356,NP205, R/C Front D60, Standard Rear, 37" Irocks, 4 link front and rear, locked front and rear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:03 pm 

Welcome back. I don't have any answers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 pm 

Thanks, I have been checking in off and on, just not posting. I have had a lot on my plate.

It looks like I am going to spring for pick up bed side repair panels. Now, anyone in state have a hook up as to where I can get them. I have found them all sorts of places on line, but they are charging way to much for freight. Jeff's bronco graveyard has all of the bronco panels, and I can pick up there, but as far as I can tell, they don't have the pick up patch. Should I try contacting local body shops to order, or just take the hit and pay the shipping for one of these internet places like LMC?

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 am 

did you call the Jeff's? They might not list them, but maybe they can get them for you. Chances are they are from the same source, so they might be able to special order them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:29 pm 

Pimp my ride ant got shit on dis Bronco YO!

Looks good and looks like alot of work.....Im glad its you doing it and not me. I hate body work..... Thats why I married our body shop painters daughter :lol:

"STOP, WAIT A MINUTE, LISTEN"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:40 pm 

should be able to order patch pannels from any parts house. our napa, and carquest's both carry them

1, 2, 3, 4
[ 84 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic