<- Home Page *Search  

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Reply to topic Post new topic
my tjunk build.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:51 pm 

are they the wide pitbulls?i have a buddy that runs them on his superduty, crazy looking tire.they say they work great. mine are kinda skinny.13.50's. i think the 20 inch wheel makes it look like that.i need to build a couple rear driveshafts tonight and weld on some rear bumpstops and i am pretty much done. that guy in travercity that owns innerairlocks said he will do a set of 4 for 450.00.dont know if you are running beadlocks already. might want to give him a call..they look just like stauns.he is building his first set of 20's for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

shoot me over his number i dont have wheels yet but i will look into them.

the pitbulls are marked at 16.5 wide but mounted on a 9 inch wheel they dont seem that big really i will post a pic of the brute we (they at UORC built) last week with a set on it.

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:29 am 
Aiden's Bitch

nothing really new to show.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:48 pm 

monster jeep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 pm 

whats ur axle widths? didnt catch it anywhere in the thread. just curious. looks good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:43 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

axles are around 67 wide and the belly height is 22.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:34 pm 
Super Picky, Never Sticky

where can i buy invisible rims?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:28 am 

wow man thats sweet, can't wait to see pics of her wheeling.

johnny

just lookin for something to have fun in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:51 am 

updates???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:08 am 
Aiden's Bitch

pushed it outside to clean the garage. it runs and moves the outputs has a front d shaft but no front shafts.

still needs
new radiator
rear gears
front shafts
drag link
some sort of grill protection in case of a roll over

and some other stuff. :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:43 am 

(some sort of grill protection in case of a roll over)

just in case??? or when u roll.....what do you have for an anti wrap bar in the rear?picture? what springs you running in the rear? i have a ton of rear spring wrap.running stock yj leaves in rear.built a anti wrap bar but i already ripped it off...any idea on a good setup?i am going to add another leave and see what happens and also rebuild my anti wrap bar.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:53 am 
Aiden's Bitch

i have not built anti wrap bar yet

running the 1.5 re spring over springs with a leaf removed. i went through alot of anti wrap bars on my cj before i figured it out. what part are you breaking on yours.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:57 pm 
strangler is hoser's shrink

Looks great. Needs gray steel beadlock rings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:20 pm 

Looks good. The pitbulls don't look crazy wide, they look narrower than my ballonroks on 15x10s. I'll be interested to hear how they work.

liv2mx wrote:
i have a ton of rear spring wrap.running stock yj leaves in rear.built a anti wrap bar but i already ripped it off...any idea on a good setup?

:cough: links :cough:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:21 pm 

Mr.Hosejockey4506 wrote:
i have not built anti wrap bar yet

running the 1.5 re spring over springs with a leaf removed. i went through alot of anti wrap bars on my cj before i figured it out. what part are you breaking on yours.

i have ripped it off the axle twice now.the welds were horrible also.i am going down to kevins tonight and we are going to play with it and figure out what i need. i have it on the drivers side. i think i need to get it closer to the center, but i have no room because of the muffler.i am going to add a leave too.did you read the thread on pirate on those pitbull tires?hope yours work better then they say.they look cool on there.do you have any pictures of your old bar?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:24 pm 

JohnnyJ wrote:
Looks good. The pitbulls don't look crazy wide, they look narrower than my ballonroks on 15x10s. I'll be interested to hear how they work.

liv2mx wrote:
i have a ton of rear spring wrap.running stock yj leaves in rear.built a anti wrap bar but i already ripped it off...any idea on a good setup?

:cough: links :cough:

definetly soon if i cannot get this dialed in.i want to hold it to the floor and not worry!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:30 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

pit bulls were real cheap so i went with them if they dont work i could sell them for more than i payed. :thumb:

i was told by some one they worked realy good but after a week of wheeling he still had all the paint on his lCA's and nubs on the tires so im not really counting on his opinion.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:46 pm 

I was gonna read the review on them in Crawl, but I haven't seen that yet. :poke:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 pm 

There was a write-up in petersons about the inner air lock guy, seemed pretty cool but 450 a set :eek: You can buy a set of 17" weld on MUCH cheaper. I'm sure you've seen them at UORC while beating Justin. If your interested pm me. Jeeps looking good too, I like the pitbulls, they look great on the brute and Justins jeep.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:48 pm 

$450 is cheaper than stauns. and if your running aluminium wheels its not cheap for weld ons. then factor in the time and material of doing weld ons. And dont forget the weight of steel wheels with weld ons. One last thing. your getting double beadlocks. Not as single like weld ons.

I helped bones put his krawlers on his new beadlocks and it was insane the weight difference between his tire/wheel combo and mine. Ill be going with inner beadlocks. then i can run any wheel i want. If i crack an h2 i can pull it out and put it in a set of american racing alluminium wheels. The options are better with inners.

HOGGIN AND BOGGIN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm 

I only brought up weld ons for two reasons. 1. in his pics he has steel wheels and not aluminium and 2. I have a set for sale. :flipoff:
I actually like the inner air ones, just like the stauns but less money. If I did not have H1's and needed to buy wheels I would get the inner air's and aluminum wheels. I would like to know how well the inner airs hold up after awhile though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm 

in that case. he should buy your weld ons. :thumb:

HOGGIN AND BOGGIN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:32 am 

he has a bunch of guys that have been running those inner air locks for over 2 years. no one has rolled a tire off. my case 450.00 is super cheap because i have 20" wheels. i also want inner and outer beads to be locked. the guy is just building them out of his garage so now is the time to get it done before he gets big and the price goes up.

kc..... done yet? i have my anti wrap bar figured out. added a leave also.need to outboard my shocks for bigger hits or put air bumps on...having a hard time finding a 1350 slip yoke for the rear.running a retard joint now. been to 3 yards and everything is gone because of scrap prices.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:03 am 
Aiden's Bitch

you could order that yolk new for probally half of what you have in fuel from driving around. rockford d line probably has them

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:52 am 

why would he want eggs?

Chassis, Cages, etc....

"Wow! That's really close. If he would have lost by one, i would have punched Brimy right square in the ovary."

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[ 164 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic