<- Home Page *Search  

1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Reply to topic Post new topic
Run of the mill buildup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 am 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

SHARPMACHINE wrote:
lgottler wrote:
Got some body mount/trans mounts. I looked around for the cheapest ones, with outer steel tube/shell they were about $11.50 each plus shipping. I found this site : http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/ and they shipped 'em in 2 days. They were $13.77 for 2. So about $6.89 each but they don't have the outer shell. Not an issue, I've got tubing at work. So I saved about $25 bucks.

Allot of stuff on that site, thanks.

Unfortunately, I should have ordered more. I've found a few more spots they would work great in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:29 am 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Well, that Dodge D60 is sitting on my trailer at home now. Its a dually hub, so I've got some machining to do on it. But its a kingpin pass drop low pinion with std lockout hubs. I bet my front driveshaft will clear the starter now.

I was hoping the rear axle shafts (d70) would match my D60's 35 spline, but mine are about 2" shorter. Anyone find a link with axle shaft lengths? I'd like to know what I have so I can search for spares.

So, I need a locker and 5.13's for it. Anyone? I also will be selling the D44 housing, Detroit, 5.13's, high steer knuckles, etc... I'm keeping a few things that will still work on the Wagoneer 44's I have for the next project.

I have my side body mounts done. I have to snap a better picture, cell phone lenses just ask for abuse, I take it out of my pocket by the camera lens :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 pm 

One of the guys on Pirate4x4 wrote a bible on D60 everything. Searching D60 bible should net the result you need, and it will have shaft lengths and spline counts for every application ever made. Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Proof

Center mount is just above the frame and the rear one is tucked up as high as I can get. Its not exactly what I wished for when I originally wanted to redo the body mounts, but it did clear the front one (I'll add it after front suspension is done, but it will be out of the way) and tucked the rear one up higher and tighter to the frame. The center one only sticks out about 1.5" and that is at the top of the frame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:29 am 

lucas, there is also a dana 70 thread on pirate, I believe its in the chevy tech area.

I know most folks dont like going the wrong way in gearing but that rear 70 I got from you/keith, had 456s, if that'd help you out any it survived my scrap metal mission.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

halfgassed wrote:
lucas, there is also a dana 70 thread on pirate, I believe its in the chevy tech area.

I know most folks dont like going the wrong way in gearing but that rear 70 I got from you/keith, had 456s, if that'd help you out any it survived my scrap metal mission.

I'll be checking that out, thanks! I'm dead set on my 5.13's. The D60 front has 4.56's in it right now. I'm going to see if I can trade someone for those....

Lucas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:43 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

I think I need to add about a .090" spacer to get the calipers to clear the bracket. I tested with some washers and it seems to be OK. With the calipers fully open and new pads, the pads lightly drag on the rotor. I was hoping for more room.

I used an '80 3/4 ton chevy front caliper and I had to grind off a little nip on the caliper to clear the bracket.

Any opinions on the clearance?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:27 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:51 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

It looks much sexier with disc brakes now.

I just brought in the front axle and need to start a rebuild. I lucked out on the calipers, Kieth gave me an extra set he had and didn't know what they were for. I planned on using them as a core for the rear axle, but they ended up being for this axle. :thumb:

I need a crane or something. Trying to put that Dana 60 on my stands sucked! It rolled, so I put it on ramps, then jacked the ramps up. A bit tippy, but it worked.

I finished the rear frame. All welded up with two rear body mounts. I hope to get another 3-4" of uptravel without that stock crossmember in there and I hope to not need a limit strap on the diff anymore. I also had time to jack the whole body up and put the final welds on all the side body mounts. So, the body is on the frame now.

1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[ 159 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic