<- Home Page *Search  



1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Reply to topic Post new topic
the '04 buildup
 
 PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:09 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
95geo wrote:
Trailrig wrote:

is that the bumpstop mount? looks interesting? why the bolt in braces in the middle?


yes, ok, because they are almost a foot long and they could use some more support so they dont fold over......


why bolt on?

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:40 pm 

Posts: 2662

Offline
DaveKerwin wrote:
you have a real skill with metal work, nice job so far!


its entirely my dads work thus far :thumb:


Trailrig wrote:

why bolt on?


im not sure, he wont listen to my reasoning and feels that it all has to bolt on :rolleyes: even the shock mounts :poke:

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:46 pm 

Posts: 2949

Offline
95geo wrote:
DaveKerwin wrote:
you have a real skill with metal work, nice job so far!


its entirely my dads work thus far :thumb:


Trailrig wrote:

why bolt on?


im not sure, he wont listen to my reasoning and feels that it all has to bolt on :rolleyes: even the shock mounts :poke:


its so he can return it too stock when he is done wheeling it, just like i did to my blazer :rolleyes:

_________________
HOGGIN' "N" BOGGIN'


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:13 pm 

Posts: 89

Offline
Trailrig wrote:
95geo wrote:
DaveKerwin wrote:
you have a real skill with metal work, nice job so far!


its entirely my dads work thus far :thumb:


Trailrig wrote:

why bolt on?

95Geo wrote:
im not sure, he wont listen to my reasoning and feels that it all has to bolt on :rolleyes: even the shock mounts :poke:



So who here has EVER listened to their parents????? :slap: The way I figure it it's, turnabout is fair play! :thumb:
Actually the real reason is that their bolt on is I can remove them to fine tune the ride height after I get everything complete. On air shocks you compromise ride height -vs- shock position if the shock position isn't dead on by increasing air pressure. In other words, when I'm done and the truck doesn't sit at the correct level the only alternative I have is more air pressure. I may not be in my 4/8 inch ride height position. With a bolt on I can remove the mount, modify it and put it back. I can also get 360* around the bracket to weld it, Unlike some welded on structures which some welds get omitted becasue of lack of access. If it's welded on, out come the plasma cutter and grinder to make any modifications.
jim kb8ymf


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:51 pm 

Posts: 2662

Offline
kb8ymf wrote:
If it's welded on, out come the plasma cutter and grinder to make any modifications.
jim kb8ymf


but your forgetting that if its welded on or bolted on it takes the same amount of work to make a new one that gets welded on or to fit in the old position, the only difference is a better looking part sitting on the shelf when a new one takes its place :poke:

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:41 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 1302

Offline
I figure that if 95geo feels that the design is perfect, it should be welded on. Then, if any mods are required, HE CAN DO ALL THE WORK while the old man sits and watches! :thumb:

And you can't tell me it is as easy to cut if off as it is to unbolt it.

_________________
90 YJ with a few things done to it.


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:25 pm 

Posts: 2662

Offline
WhiteRhino wrote:
I figure that if 95geo feels that the design is perfect, it should be welded on. Then, if any mods are required, HE CAN DO ALL THE WORK while the old man sits and watches! :thumb:

And you can't tell me it is as easy to cut if off as it is to unbolt it.


:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :flipoff:

(p.s. the CL of the dies are the same)

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:48 pm 

Posts: 89

Offline
95geo wrote:
WhiteRhino wrote:
I figure that if 95geo feels that the design is perfect, it should be welded on. Then, if any mods are required, HE CAN DO ALL THE WORK while the old man sits and watches! :thumb:

And you can't tell me it is as easy to cut if off as it is to unbolt it.


:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :flipoff:

(p.s. the CL of the dies are the same)



That's just it, as perfect as I might think I've got it, it may, NO, WILL need to be fine tuned. Just like 95Geo's. He's got some changes that he'd like to make to the link locations and we've got to completely hack off the old stuff to move it to the new location.
j-kb8ymf


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:38 pm 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 1302

Offline
(p.s. the CL of the dies are the same)[/quote]


Excellent!

_________________
90 YJ with a few things done to it.


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:31 am 

Posts: 2662

Offline
:teehee: more later


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:50 am 

Posts: 2662

Offline
got it pretty much finished up last night, its sitting a little low since the shocks settled last night. 155 psi front 105-110 rear my guess is its right around 4k lbs


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:51 am 
User avatar
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Posts: 1302

Offline
Nice job Bryce! The old man woudl be proud of you. :thumb:

Doe the exhuast sound the same as yours? Baaaaahhhhhh!

The fab work on the front bumper looks sweet!

_________________
90 YJ with a few things done to it.


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:02 pm 

Posts: 2662

Offline
WhiteRhino wrote:
Nice job Bryce! The old man woudl be proud of you. :thumb:

Doe the exhuast sound the same as yours? Baaaaahhhhhh!



well he built most of it so i cant really take much credit.

and for the record my exhaust sounds nice and smooth now, just like his :flipoff:

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:45 pm 

Posts: 226

Offline
Looks good you guys do some clean work.


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:41 am 
User avatar
It Looks Russian

Posts: 2799

Offline
that surely didnt take 3 years to complete :flipoff:

looks like it could use more tire, then more gear, and maybe a little more motor down the line :thumb:


very cool Jim/Bryce, nice work!

_________________
I hate my job!

Image


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 pm 

Posts: 1006

Offline
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :thumb: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :beer:


thats about all I can say, awesome job.


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:51 am 

Posts: 595

Offline
That is an awesome looking machine, great job guys. Jim glad to see you back in the action :thumb: :thumb:

_________________
project YJ to soon commence

95YJ, 468BBC, 700r4, ford NP205, 404 unimog axles, 42" swampers on H1 rims, 4 link F&R


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 am 
User avatar
R.I.P. Karl

Posts: 1685

Offline
Wow, never thought I'd drool over a 4 door Tracker. nice job :thumb:

_________________
Dancing in the Heavens above

Waiting is the hardest part :flipoff:


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:53 pm 

Posts: 1575

Offline
That looks really really good :thumb:

_________________
Yep I'm Flyin through the air, this is NOT good.

"STOP, WAIT A MINUTE, LISTEN"


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 pm 
User avatar
Aiden's Bitch

Posts: 9384

Offline
trailrail302 wrote:
That looks like it will be awsome at the dunes



:eek: :eek:

_________________
yj88 wrote:
Cash talks and shit happens.

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:49 pm 

Posts: 219

Offline
All it needs is less body and more dents dents dents :flipoff:


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:53 pm 

Posts: 2662

Offline
thanks guys, and it got another dent this weekend.... :flipoff: that makes i think 4 thus far :slap:

_________________
I have a stalker


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:03 pm 

Posts: 2626

Offline
Got to see the tracker this weekend at the Badlands, and it's even more impressive in person :thumb:


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:24 pm 
User avatar
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Posts: 488

Offline
Elusive wrote:
Got to see the tracker this weekend at the Badlands, and it's even more impressive in person :thumb:


x2

great job jim was one of the nicer rigs at the melt this year :thumb:


Top
   
 
 
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:30 pm 
User avatar
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Posts: 162

Offline
Absolutely awesome job. One of these newer 4drs. will be my next rig build-up. Hard top and A/C sounds nice for HOT wheelin' days!

Eric

_________________
TEAM KAMIKAZE 4x4:
91 Sammy- 96 1.6 16V, D44's w/ 5.38's (spool ft & rr), Full Hydro steering, 37" Iroks w/ beadlocks, 6.4 to 1 case, full cage,...Eternal Work-in-Progress!


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
[ 123 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic


Who is online

Jump to:  

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group