<- Home Page *Search  

1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Reply to topic Post new topic
chassis progress:99.9% poser shots 8/10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:12 pm 

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Good luck with the finishing it up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:36 pm 
Webwheelerousmaximus

sorry about your dad, man. looks like you should be up and running soon though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:18 pm 
Loves The Taco

Zook94 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your dad, get er done man.

Two bee ore knot tubey. That is the question.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:45 pm 
strangler is hoser's shrink

Sorry to hear that Jason.

Theres two type of men.... those who have lost the man who taught them everything, and those who know they will someday.

I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils. I feel for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:10 am 
Aiden's Bitch

jason im glad to see you got back on your feet after your loss, get that chassis done and go relax :thumb: i cant believe how much you actually wrench

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:17 am 

HoSeJoCkEy4506 wrote:
jason im glad to see you got back on your feet after your loss, get that chassis done and go relax :thumb: i cant believe how much you actually wrench

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:39 am 
Webwheelerousmaximus

Leave your passenger seat open on the first trail run, sorry to hear of your loss.

On a different note, where are the pose flex shots!??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:56 am 

Wow, thank you for all the support guys, it means alot. The toughest thing is going through the day and just thinking, I should call dad, he could help me with that, and then it hits all over again that I can't call dad anymore. I am sure it is goind to get even harder after a while, but I don't much se how it can.

Casey, I only wrench all of the time because I have to keep busy. My dad was the same way, but not with jeeps... He just always had a job to do. I have a really hard time just sitting and watching TV or something when I have unfinished projects in the shop. I have been known to work the night out there if my wife is out of town...

The poser shots will be here soon. I am buttoning things up hopefully today and will drive it up the tree outside :D

Later,
Jason

"Vehicles illegally parked here will be cheerfully disassembled and used for parts"

1985 CJ-7, 460,C6,BW1356,NP205, R/C Front D60, Standard Rear, 37" Irocks, 4 link front and rear, locked front and rear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:44 am 
Dirty DaVe

Sorry to hear about your dad Jason! Now get that thing done and ill ask my GF if i can go wheeling... :popcorn:

dave has the right idea.
roger that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:55 pm 

Well, i got to drive it today. Up the tree, but not to far, 'cause my grandma was flipping out that I still don't have the harness' in, tree is inbetween her house and mine... so she had half a say in what I did. I had my semi retarded cousin taking pictures (see my other post about a jeep 5.2L) and among other things he is unable to actually take a picture with a camera. He said he shot 4 or 5 pictures, the camera had one on it when I first started going up... Oh well, I have one poser shot. I will get the belts in tomorrow and drive it till it feels scary. All that is left is wiring lights and brake lights, putting in the belts and its all done. Here is the single, solitary pic...

Later,
Jason

"Vehicles illegally parked here will be cheerfully disassembled and used for parts"

1985 CJ-7, 460,C6,BW1356,NP205, R/C Front D60, Standard Rear, 37" Irocks, 4 link front and rear, locked front and rear.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:51 am 
strangler is hoser's shrink

:thumb: :beer:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:30 pm 

More poser shots...

later,
Jason

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:09 pm 
Loves The Taco

YOU OWNED THAT F-ING TREE DUDE!!! :rock:

Two bee ore knot tubey. That is the question.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:40 pm 

Yeah, it is cooler than picking a tire up with a cherry picker or fork truck too :) Believe it or not, the tires contact patch rubbed bark of the tree 6.5 feet from the ground. I found that fairly impresive considering the back tire never picked up. I kept sliding off into the "y" of the tree, and then ran out of gas, so I quit playing for the night... I cannot wait to go run it someplace for real.

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:33 pm 

whatever happened to this? I know you're working on the bronco now. Is this sold off?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:06 am 

Nope, it is as done as these things typically ever get. I have it parked outside my shop. I took it wheeling several times last summer. I have a few little odds and ends to do for it, like make a hood, and drive it some more, but all in all I am really happy with it.

The Bronco is going to replace my '99 2500 silverado as tow rig/family vehicle. The xtra cab silverado is just not enough room for the two little girls, my wife and my great dane, along with all of their shit. So, instead of buying a new Tahoe or Suburban or something, I chose to go this route.

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:19 am 

That's cool. Thanks for the update.

1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[ 167 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic