<- Home Page *Search  

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Reply to topic Post new topic
STRANGLER's TJ project pics and build-up thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:58 am 

Yer gonna need a large ez-out to get that weird connector off the intake, its gonna bust on you. It is a normal pipe size, so you can just plug the thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:29 am 
strangler is hoser's shrink

Zook94 wrote:
Yer gonna need a large ez-out to get that weird connector off the intake, its gonna bust on you. It is a normal pipe size, so you can just plug the thing.

Is it a quick connect in terms of sealing itself off when the hose is removed?

I went to buy the stock chevy heater lines but no one had them in stock, so I dont even know what they look like. Thanks for the info though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:43 am 

its the same quick connect that GM used since 91, and they're made of paper iron (the kind that breaks when you stare hard at it) Just unscrew that shit, and get a real fitting on it. I have replaced many of them, and a standard 5/8 heater hose on a nipple with some clamps works fine as a replacement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:21 am 

Just got the tracking number for my driveshafts, and they wont be here until wednesday. Which means I have to get the exhaust done on thursday, and hope everything is good to go on Friday. Im glad I have a trailer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:32 pm 

wow talk about cuttin it close scott! I better see you in your jeep at the dunes so i can laugh at ya when you brake somthing :flipoff:

i'd be happy to help ya out again but unfortunatly i work everyday 3-10:30 mon-thurs

fullwidth HP dana 44 front / 4.56s / detroit tru lock limited slip / 9" rear / Detroit locker / 31 spline moser shafts / Disc brakes all around / Rollin on 35s

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:04 pm 

strangler wrote:
make a floor pan...

and I think I have to make a hood scoop to clear my engine. Yes, I think it will look gay too, but I mounted the engine a little high I guess.

If you need some sheet metal shaped ie. floor pans, or a scoop, let me know I can have them for you over night depending on how complicated the shape.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:12 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

scott sucks

thanks

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:17 am 

Got the floor pan and shifter done last night, as well as painted my hood and grille. Like hoser, my fresh paint doubled as a silent bug zapper, but for as long as these parts seem to last before being hung on the wall, it should look fine. I had never painted anything myself before, and Im pretty happy with the results. I need a better water trap though. Anyways, tonight I will mount the new grille and re assemble the front clip. I can then get my cooling system figured out, and block off those heater lines for now. I will cut the hood and make a scoop tonight too if it is deemed necessary.

Driveshafts tomorrow !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:33 am 
Loves The Taco

strangler wrote:
I will cut the hood and make a scoop tonight too if it is deemed necessary.

I deem it necessary!!!!

Two bee ore knot tubey. That is the question.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:48 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

Hosejoker wrote:
scott sucks

thanks

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:30 pm 

2 days left after today.........

fullwidth HP dana 44 front / 4.56s / detroit tru lock limited slip / 9" rear / Detroit locker / 31 spline moser shafts / Disc brakes all around / Rollin on 35s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:47 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

Hosejoker wrote:
Hosejoker wrote:
scott sucks

thanks

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:19 pm 

looking good man.............def got alot done in the few weeks since i saw it last. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:17 pm 

glad to hear the new alt was the problem and that the new one is all good and working. I'll be workin today 3-close ..... sure i'll see ya up there haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:41 am 

Shes at the exhaust shop right now. BUt things are not looking good at all. I think its gonna be a GMC kind of weekend..... :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:08 pm 

Just wanted to give an update after its first weekend.... I like the combo of the 350/th400/d300, and Im really glad I didnt buy 4:1 gears. I think the auto compensates for a lot of the gearing on the slow side, and the 4:1's would have sucked on anything but the rocks. This engine is anything but a powerhouse, but it runs good, and I think I will be happy with it. Either way, with an auto, 37's and 5:13's, Im glad I didnt go 4:1... for what its worth to any of you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:50 am 

Got a hood on it now, but had you use an old open element air cleaner instead of the stock 350's inclosed filter. With inner fenders I think it should stay dry... at least until I can get a setup like hosers. Either way, it has a hood now, and almost made it around the block without overheating. So I went and bought a 160 thermostat and then broke the bolts removing the housing. Got the guages and tach to work, and got some rubber hoses for my rear calipers, so rear brakes should be working soon. I washed it yesterday.... first time using soap.

tonight Ill drill and tap the broken bolts, and maybe try and straighten my cage. :beer: anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:25 am 

Just got pulled over. Cops loved it. Let me off, yet Im not sure why they pulled me over. I dont have a license, but they didnt ask to see it. I think they just wanted to look at the rolling junk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:26 am 
Aiden's Bitch

should have drove it to the badlands

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:40 am 

Yeah Casey, that would have been a great idea..... :slap:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:51 pm 

Will there be any trees used in the straightening process??? If so I might help out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:12 pm 

If my calculations are correct, trees and beer are my only option.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:35 pm 

If you haven't destroyed the tree yet I'll help out and dring the beer for the bump stops. Just let me know when.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:01 am 

Straightened the cage yesterday. Did the chain/drink/towstrap/drink/faster!faster!faster/drink, and its pretty damn straight. It tooka serious amount of force to bend it back. Then I painted the cage flat black, and Im happy now. Shes ready for the mounds this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:32 am 
Aiden's Bitch

divino bent his yesterday in a high speed rollover at the redneck 500

just bent one bar though the rest of the cage is good to go

Quote:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[ 170 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic