<- Home Page *Search  

1, 2, 3, 4 Reply to topic Post new topic
74 Super Beetle Baja Bug

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:29 pm 

strangler wrote:
Your new bender doesnt work for shit.

He's wrapping a towel around the tube and bending it over his head like the tough guys on tv.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 am 
I SMELL Sh!t

Last night was a great sucess!! I want to make sure I pubilcally thank DJ, Nate, and Ryan for the help yesterday. I've never seen anyone cut with a cut off wheel with such passion for their work as DJ. Hell even geoboy would be proud. Ryan had to call robbie gordon the nascrap, desert racing guy, maybe you have heard of him? Anywho for advice about how much to set the caster angle. Front beam is weld to the lower supports and I have temp brace in for the upper, those will have to be made with the new bender.

DJ's cut. It was impressive. I knew this had to be a high strengh area so I called geoboy to come over and weld it for me. I'm gald I did because these turned out great!!

May 13 2010: "I should be able to put the body back on in a couple of weeks."

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 am 
I SMELL Sh!t

well some of the parts came in yesterday as in the disc brake kits...however when I opened the box...get ready for it....wait.....FOUR front rotors...AAAGGGgghhh!!!! I called the company and they said I have to wait until monday and talk to the shipping manager before they can correct thier problem...I will demand next day ait as I've been waiting ten days for these and i dont want to wait another ten becasue of their mistake....anywho I did install the fronts. I went with the cross drilled because they look COOL! I need to get these brakes on so I can have a rolling chassis. I want to test fit the body before I start bending tube and such and this is the only thing holding me back...I hate waiting on people especially when I have a fire under my ass to complete this thing

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:15 pm 
I SMELL Sh!t

you have to love VW parts places...these assholes send me the wrong parts, try and tell me that I made a mistake, spend all day on the phone calling them over and over to speak to the shipping manager whom I'm convinced that he doesnt exist just so I can this corrected. On my last call to them, they say the customer service manager is handling it and hes in a meeting and will call me back tomorrow around noon. I tell them I've been calling them since 8am and I just want my rotors, they put me on hold again. Now Mike "the manager" answers says no problem I'll get these shipped out for you except they are on back order for 45days. I ask if he has solid rotors and I would take those as replacements if they credit my account the differance. He agrees, so lets hope these actually show up. I've never had more problems ordering parts and getting a problem corrected than dealing with these assholes. Unreal!! I needed a few more parts but looks like I'll go to Dons Sport Vehicals in Perry and pay twice as much...at least when Dons is fucking you they are doing it with a smile and make you think they care about you.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:48 pm 

Mike Hancho wrote:
you have to love VW parts places...these assholes send me the wrong parts, try and tell me that I made a mistake, spend all day on the phone calling them over and over to speak to the shipping manager whom I'm convinced that he doesnt exist just so I can this corrected. On my last call to them, they say the customer service manager is handling it and hes in a meeting and will call me back tomorrow around noon. I tell them I've been calling them since 8am and I just want my rotors, they put me on hold again. Now Mike "the manager" answers says no problem I'll get these shipped out for you except they are on back order for 45days. I ask if he has solid rotors and I would take those as replacements if they credit my account the differance. He agrees, so lets hope these actually show up. I've never had more problems ordering parts and getting a problem corrected than dealing with these assholes. Unreal!! I needed a few more parts but looks like I'll go to Dons Sport Vehicals in Perry and pay twice as much...at least when Dons is fucking you they are doing it with a smile and make you think they care about you.

Sounds like you were dealing with Unlimited Off Road Centers...

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 pm 

Barnums buggy barn in Millington..... 989-871-4000 ask for Herman. Stuff in stock, and closer.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:13 am 
Loves The Taco

oz97tj wrote:
Mike Hancho wrote:

It depends which location you are talking about.

Two bee ore knot tubey. That is the question.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:03 am 

oz97tj wrote:

Easy there, cowboy.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:52 pm 
I SMELL Sh!t

I hopefully have the brake issue sorted out and the vendor did say they were shipping me the correct parts now I have to wait for them to show up. I did manage to get the body cut for the front beam and set down on the frame. I forgot to take out the heat channels so the back is sitting about 3 inches too high from where is is going to sit, however it does give a good look at how its going to sit. I have to take a few measuments, make some cuts, take the body back off and then I start bending up the rest of the chassis and roll cage...so far I'm happy how everything is turning out.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:25 pm 
strangler is hoser's shrink

I'll come pickup JohnnyJ's DOM. He obviously doesn't want it.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:34 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

Magic Man wrote:
oz97tj wrote:

Easy there, cowboy.

says the guy who wouldnt sell parts that were sitting in his hand and not being used on any thing

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 pm 
I SMELL Sh!t

strangler wrote:

no he picked up his...the rest of it is mine for the buggy

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:57 pm 

strangler wrote:

You'll have to swing by my house if you want it. And better do it quick, because tomorrow we're going to put it in the fat pig.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:18 pm 

Magic Man wrote:
oz97tj wrote:

Easy there, cowboy.

hahahaha. I love you Jason...

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 am 

Hosejockey4506 wrote:
Magic Man wrote:
oz97tj wrote:

Easy there, cowboy.

says the guy who wouldnt sell Adamsparts when he was out of town and could not be reachedthat were sitting in his hand and not being used on any thing

:alumcj: Sorry, dude. I thought you were over it, though.

Oh yeah, love you too, oz. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:47 pm 

Joo give up on this POS???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:47 am 
Aiden's Bitch

Should I un ban him so he can update this thread

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:52 am 
Loves The Taco

Prolly. Then you could always re-ban him afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 am 

Unban him for an update and maybe he even has the video done

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:26 pm 
Loves The Taco

No interweb updates. I have seen this thing with my bare eyes, it is a vision of glory!!

I think he is afraid to post here because of the impending banning!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:14 pm 

Mike Hancho wrote:

So is this true?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 pm 
Loves The Taco

By a couple he means 7 or 8 maybe 9. Apparently you dont know how Hancho time works. Its kinda like "hey wanna come over and help me build this widget? It will only take us 1/2 hour." 5 hours later, the widget is almost built. I just saw this thing again today with my bare eyes. The body is sitting on the frame, well until it gets moved off of it so Charles can get back to work on it. I think he still has to bend the cage and do some other stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:26 pm 
Dirty DaVe

BTT!!!!!!!!!

dave has the right idea.
roger that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:21 am 

Is this getting done, or did it go the Island of Misfit Unfinished Projects?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:49 pm 
I SMELL Sh!t

not done yet..i have to bend the cage...lets say I'm sick of working on shit right now but i think i'm oing to light a fire to get it done...I did get the tires!! Studded snow tires FTW!!!!!!

1, 2, 3, 4
[ 94 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic