<- Home Page *Search  

1, 2, 3, 4 Reply to topic Post new topic
Fat Pig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:12 pm 

Hopefully this afternoon. Power steering hose should be at the vatozone between 3-6.

This morning I ran down to Palarchio's on old US-23 and they ran some fuel injector cleaner through the system. Seems to be running much better now. All 4 injectors are playing along now, unlike the 2.5 that that were firing before I went.

Doors and fenders are welded as good as they are gonna be. I pulled the pitman arms and I'm waiting for the new steering gear box to get in so I can finish that up.

I'm heading back out in a minute to install the shocks and front bumper.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:18 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

looks like rain tonight and all day tommorow we may wait and just head down in the morning not sure yet

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:13 pm 

Timbrens showed up today, but the ounce of motivation did not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:07 am 

I LIKE IT!

Jess got your email. We are building something similar right now except our project is getting out of hand and may exceed $1000 invested soon.
About the FOA shocks; I don't have any that aren't earmarked for a project right now but I think you are on the right track. FOA has some great prices and if you are just looking for some smooth body 10" x 2.5s they'll be super cheap. They are tough shocks, rebuildable and tunable so the investment over something like Roncho's is minimal for what you get in return. Remember when you are dealing with a limited amount of travel in inches it's that much more important to dampen it well.

I have a few suggestions after reading the last few pages.
A) cable truss, cable truss, cable truss. If you don't want to do a full weld on truss all the way out to the ends of the axle tubes you have 2 options. 1) a cable truss 2) replace the axle and wish you had spent 30 minutes on a cable truss.

B) put a bolt in x member under the motor. it can be very light duty but it needs to be there to keep the frame rails from spreading when you land and it will keep the motor mounts together 10 times longer.

3) If your rules allow it get a circle track type 2:1 steering quickener. Trust me.

D) I would weld up that Quadratrack. Mine would endlessly transfer power back and forth betwen the front and rear axles and it felt like driving a porpoise.

E) Let me know when you need a new adapter between the TH400 and Queirtrack. I have 3 in stock that I was about to put on Ebay. Your buy it now price is... free. In the mean time make a mount to hang the back end of the Tcase from to carry some weight.

Cheers,
Jeff Mello

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:06 am 

Just read alof that, looks good and a fun toy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:30 pm 

Here's the Fat Pig after it's first race about as clean as its gonna get. New shocks are on the way, we are upgrading to 10" travel FOA 2.5" remote reservoir smooth bodies.

I drove it down to the party store the other night to get some beers and it did pretty good for mostly toasted shocks. Still tracked straight.

I think the next round of mods is at Jesse's and we'll do the mello-mods and put on the suspension upgrades.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:10 pm 

Looks good. Sounds like a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:25 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

gudklnfun wrote:
Looks good. Sounds like a lot of fun.

It's cleaner than your TJ.

I GOT NO REAL LIFE

I GOT NO REAL LIFE

I GOT NO REAL LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 am 
Aiden's Bitch

Looks cleaner than your tj

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:46 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

hahahaha........ internet was slow this morning. Think I'll leave it to emphasize it's cleaner than your TJ.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:17 pm 

Jealous much?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm 

Front shocks are in. Need to make a brace between shock towers and still need to install the bump stops.

We took it for a few spins around the block, including the crappy section on clyde heading towards 23 when it goes from gravel to paved. Its always washboarded and potholed right there but the fat pig breezed over it, as well as anything else we could find.

We hooked up the computer to see why we get some stumbles and it looks like the TPS is dropping out, making it cough. I'll throw a new TPS at it and see if it goes away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:37 pm 

The rear shocks and bump stops are in and we ran it up on Drummond last week. Ran pretty good and we did some tuning on the EFI. Swapped out a bad TPS that was dropping out, and then realized the engine speed has a glitch too.

So when I got back I ordered up a HEI dizzy off e-bay and grabbed some fresh wires and plugs and put it in tonight. Fired it up and it ran good, only problem is that I need a new PS belt since I have to push the PS pump out further to clear the big cap.

We're also hoping to throw some other parts at it before the race next weekend, but we should be good to go even if they don't make it in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:22 pm 

I took it for a spin tonight and it's running much better than the old duraspark setup.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:35 am 

regear check, new bumps check, new shocks check.

I just need to finish up the electric fan install and its ready to race.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:05 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Good luck at the race. Kick hoser's ass again!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:02 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

WhiteRhino wrote:
Good luck at the race. Kick hoser's ass again!

they had better watch out we should be on pace for passing them 3 times a lap instead of two

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:48 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

hahahaha........ have fun Casey.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:13 pm 

Here's video of one of laps through the sand bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3BB7LH9foQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:26 am 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

Why not run that section in 2wd so you can power slide the corners?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 am 
Aiden's Bitch

WhiteRhino wrote:
Why not run that section in 2wd so you can power slide the corners?

we used to run the course in 2 wheel and that was the only place we could not make and had to use 4 hi or even 4 lo, video makes it look way smoother and easier than it is.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 am 

Hosejockey4506 wrote:
we used to run the course in 2 wheel and that was the only place we could not make and had to use 4 hi or even 4 lo, the Fat Pig makes it look way smoother and easier than it is.

fixed

1, 2, 3, 4
[ 79 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic