<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
14bolt help trying to swap SRW to C&C hubs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:03 pm 

Alright so im putting C&C hubs on my factory 2000 14bolt with factory disc brakes. I got ride of the 1 ton calipers and bought a disc brake kit, cause i want to run smaller calipers on the buggy, along with some C&C disc brake brackets. I ran into a few issues and included some pics. First the hubs wont fit all the way on the axle, and the rotors wont fit over the C&C hubs has anyone incoutered this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

14 bolt rotors are installed behind the hub on the old ones not over the hub like the newer ones

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:39 pm 

say what?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:42 pm 

your studs need to be pressed out, then they press through the rotor and lock into the hub assembly. the gap is where the "stock" backing plate would fit on a drum brake setup. as far as the hub going on further, im doing the same conversion, ill check how far my hubs go on. (that looks about right)

Last edited by bacongrease on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

see the little round spot on the rotor that where the base of the stud will sit

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:52 pm 

http://www.geocities.com/gettin_deep/disc.html

see third pic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 pm 

yea yea, i got it brain fart, well since i got the hubs on, my wms is 66 shouldnt it be around 63.5?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:15 am 
Aiden's Bitch

problem is your using a new style housing i have never messed with one but im sure changes were made

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:37 am 

the radius on the spindle looks alot more sweeped than squared. Where the bearing lands, at the back of the spindle. ALso they changed the rear hub seal and the seal surface on the spindle looks to be alot larger than the older spindles.

95YJ, 468BBC, 700r4, ford NP205, 404 unimog axles, 42" swampers on H1 rims, 4 link F&R

[ 9 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic