<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
14 BOLT Cab and chassis truck are they all the same?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:48 am 

ok looking at the 14bolt bible it looks like the cab and chassis full floating axles are 63.5wms now is there certain years for this or like the express 2500 vans 63.5wms? If so it would just be easier i think to take my 67.5wms 14bolt back and swap it for a 63.5wms one

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:54 am 
Aiden's Bitch

go to pirate and read the 14 bolt bible

cab and chassis 14 bolts are relativly easy to come by even with lower gearing

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:00 am 

I DID READ IT, i was asking if it applyed to all YEARS? Since i didnt see it in the bible thanks tho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:48 am 
Aiden's Bitch

huh

all cab abd chassis are the same width. just keep you srw axle and bolt a set of cab and chassis hubs on it when you find some. also DRW hubs are narrowwer i believe so that may work for you on a srw housing

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 am 

I'm pretty sure I have a cab and chassis 14 bolt rear in a truck. Just by throwing a tape measure across the center of the duals it measures 63", I'll be yanking the tires off it shortly and can double check it. Its in a 88 chevy 1 ton 4x, front diff tage says 4.10's (I'm assuming its the matching rear).

If the shafts would interchange between the different hubs I'd swap ya the c&c for your srw hubs, although we'd prolly have to ship'em I'm not making a trip below the bridge till late summer (weekend of frankenmuth auto fest). Otherwise I'd go axle for axle too.

Hard to tell from the pics but from a rear shot the outer duals barely stick out farther than the cab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:37 pm 

thanks ill let u know im takin the one axle back to the yard and seeing if they will swap my 14bolt for a cc 14 bolt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:15 pm 

THERE NOT ALL THE SAME :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

[ 7 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic