<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Air Shocks Pro's and Con's

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:51 am 

Whats everyone opinion on air shocks? I'm debating between Airs and Coilovers for the rear of my ranger.

I have herd lots of things, hard to set up, dont like going fast (not a big deal, mostly crawling), they unload real bad?

I know a bunch of guys run them on here, so just figured I'd ask.

They would probably be Fox's if it matters. I think I have a hook up :flipoff: .

Thanks Guys!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:09 pm 

easy to package, cheap for what you get.

some people love them, some people tolerate them, some people hate them. to me the difference between loving them and hating them is in the setup.

if you want a nice, easy to tune and tailor ride then you will love them. If you think you are going to have the performance of coilovers, triple bypass shocks and air bumps in one package you will hate them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:26 pm 

I like mine, they do unload bad Or at least I have not got the set up right .No big deal small winch in the back holds it long enough to do a decent and helps in high speed cornering(still not great) .And they will work for going fast just not for long periods.Ripping around the trails for a few minutes there fine.Plan on running a saw bar .I don't have one yet and it can get sketchy on side hill and high speed cornering .luckily the tiers and axles out weigh the buggy so no flop yet :lol:

And the goofy cornering my rig does is probably a combination of some bad 4 link numbers in the back .I think I have to much anti squat.
When I roll into a corner it unloads both the inside shocks bad .
I bicycle allot,Its fun to take new people for rides it feels like its going over
Jeff

[ 3 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic