<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
sas swap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:36 pm 

i would like to go witha solid axle in the front of my 98 chevy pickup nothing special just leaf springs has any won done this or does any won have suggestions on how to do it any suggestions would be helpful

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:40 pm 

no, never been done. your crazy for even thinking about it. :beer: :flipoff:

Team Mall Crawler #669
A-Z Fabrication

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:52 pm 

I'm reasonably sure that it cannot be done. I heard it from reliable sources, too. Seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:45 pm 

(•)(•) wrote:
I'm reasonably sure that it cannot be done. I heard it from reliable sources, too. Seriously.

Im pretty sure your right. I heard some guy in vancouver came close but never finished it due to some mechanical issues, he ended up putting the ifs back on apparently :eat:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:18 pm 

I read a write up about the offroad unlimited kit. looked pretty stright forward. depends on what front axle you want to run and transfer case preference. They have a kit for 2wd to 4wd also. if i ever come across a good deal i would give it a shot. just my 2 cents...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:26 pm 
Webwheelerousmaximus

strangler knows his stuff, ask him

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:29 pm 

Super Trucker wrote:
i would like to go witha solid axle in the front of my 98 chevy pickup nothing special just leaf springs has any won done this or does any won have suggestions on how to do it any suggestions would be helpful

this would be the easist way

http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8480

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:10 am 

i've been slowly picking away at installing a ORU kit on my 95, its a very well built kit, I'd even say worth buying again. I usually build all my own junk but being this is my DD i didn't want any of the stupid headaches in fab'ing it myself (or having the time to do it twice when it falls apart)

The oru kit adds 2 1/2" of lift to the advertised time lift, IE I used 2 1/2" softride leafs for the front which totaled to 5". 2 1/2" springs are the MINIMAL you can use. With the 2 1/2" springs I still need to clearance the front x memeber. I probably don't have to but I plan on putting a plow on it someday so I want the clearance. Its a pretty straight forward kit, and instructions are well written, all parts are labeled ETC, even my drunk a$$ got it on the first time.

I can't upload pics off my computer anymore for stupid reason, but I have a couple pics of the truck as it sits know, 35" truxxus mt's on hummer h2 wheels, looks good not stupid tall or anything, I could email to ya if wanted

I did a small build thread over on
http://upjeeping.informe.com/project-ab ... dt257.html

Any questions feel free to ask.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:12 pm 

i think peterson or off road mag just last month had a whole article on exactly what you are talking of. they thought a 78 or 79 ford leaf srung dana 44 is certainly the easiest. check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 pm 
It Looks Russian

l.a.m.e.

[ 10 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic