<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
pinion brake or t case brake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:19 pm 

i m looking around for some info on the brake system i want to use the pinion brake system but realize rock n mud would hit on it but then i thought have brake system on the t case then that case i realize what if driveshaft breaks then i have no brake.... my axle is toyota axle and it gonna be on the rear and it ll be welded so u guys have any info on the pinion brake system please let me know thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 pm 

why pinion brakes?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:34 am 

mudduck97 wrote:
i m looking around for some info on the brake system i want to use the pinion brake system but realize rock n mud would hit on it but then i thought have brake system on the t case then that case i realize what if driveshaft breaks then i have no brake.... my axle is toyota axle and it gonna be on the rear and it ll be welded so u guys have any info on the pinion brake system please let me know thanks

so how in the hell are you going to run a pinion brake on a toyota axle? did they make some top loaders that im unaware of?

a toyota axle isnt strong enough or even the right configuration to "safely" get away with a pinion brake.

you will bend the disk
if you brake anything after the brake you will loose brakes to that end, whether its an axle, a r&p, a locker, a driveshaft

its not smart, dont do it. USE REGULAR WHEEL BRAKES.

disclaimer: if this is something other than a "toyota" axle then disreguard my comments and post pictures

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:41 pm 

are you talking for normal brakes or for a e-brake?

they make kits for e-brakes.

Team Mall Crawler #669
A-Z Fabrication

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:08 pm 

nevermind guys i m gonna convert disc brake on my rear axle instead of pinion brake thanks anyway

[ 5 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic