<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Fox 2.5 air shock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:01 am 

I busted the air inlet off of my shock, I allready bought all the parts and oil to repair it. Can someone tell me how to take the shock apart.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:13 am 

if its just the air inlet (shrader vavle) then you dont need to take it apart.

to disassemble them, remove the blue cap from the bottom. on the 2.0's it is a light press fit, im not sure about the 2.5s but i'd assume its the same. once the blue cap is slid out of the way, remove the snap ring that holds the seal/valve plate/shaft in place. then make sure as much oil is out of it as possible. cycle the shock like a slide hammer when it tops out and after a few pulls the body will seperate from the internals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:29 am 

Yes it the shrader valve that is busted. I need to drain another shock to see how much oil to put in. Unless there is another way?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:50 am 

gudklnfun wrote:
Yes it the shrader valve that is busted. I need to drain another shock to see how much oil to put in. Unless there is another way?

did you buy them new? if you did you can ask fox how much they put in them. or if you want to change how they ride you can change it to whatever you want.

a way to check would be to pull the core out (if you had one) and drain all of the oil into a measuring cup (i use a ratio rite) and cycle the shock upside down until it stops coming out... then check the level and i usually round up to the nearest 5cc's because there is some still in there......

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:19 am 

That would probally be the easyest way. Thanks. Allt he info I've gotten from Fox the giveing me is measurments from the rim of the shock. Yes they are brand new. I was just careless and droped one and broke off the schrader valve.

[ 5 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic