<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
I'm a 14 bolt dumbass

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:48 am 
strangler is hoser's shrink

So, it has been my understanding that all 14 bolts (C&C, dually and SRW) all used the same housing, meaning everything from backing plate to backing plate. Apparently I was wrong.

Is it true that Passenger truck SRW and Pass truck DRW use the same center, with only different hubs?

I was under the impression that I could install a C&C axle under my passenger truck if I used my standard SRW hubs, but the C&C housing width (bp to bp) is only an inch wider than my spring perches need to be. Looks like I'm just going to swap the C&C gears into my SRW axle, as gearing was the only reason for the swap.

Any input?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:51 am 
Aiden's Bitch

strangler wrote:

Any input?

no

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:18 pm 

Captain Underpants wrote:
I thought there were 4 different ones.

I thought you were dead

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:42 pm 

i think the c&c housing is the same width as the srw one, but the brake backing plate flanges are farther inboard for the dually hubs. i have used the c&c axle shafts in a srw housing before. the drw housing is wider.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:11 pm 

i thought you only needed spacers on the backing plates (like 1.5" or so)

Chassis, Cages, etc....

"Wow! That's really close. If he would have lost by one, i would have punched Brimy right square in the ovary."

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:20 am 

:thumb: peepee stains in my pants :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 pm 

The C&C and SRW are identical except for the hubs and the mounting flanges for the backing plates. You can swap axles between the 2.

The Dually is the least common and the center is the same but the width is +2", they share the mounting flange position with the D70 GM Dually axle. The axles are longer. I will check on the hubs, I believe they may be the same from the C&C to the Dually.

www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
Parts that are Better than good enough

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:31 pm 

The C&C and SRW are identical except for the hubs and the mounting flanges for the backing plates. You can swap axles between the 2 or hubs and get an in between size .

The Dually is the least common and the center is the same but the width is +2", they share the mounting flange position with the D70 GM Dually axle. The axles are longer. I will check on the hubs, I believe they may be the same from the C&C to the Dually.

Last edited by Gravel Maker on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:31 pm 

The C&C and SRW are identical except for the hubs and the mounting flanges for the backing plates. You can swap axles between the 2 or hubs and get an in between size.

Sorry about the Dupe post

[ 9 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic