<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Fox 2.5 set up's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 pm 

Looking for some input on how much oil per nitrogen to run. I know that I have written down where I originally set them up to, but the seem a little stiff and I'm looking to take some of the stiffness out of them. I post up later where I started out.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:03 am 

I have the same problem I will be changing mine this weekend or next I will let you know what I do...

"STOP, WAIT A MINUTE, LISTEN"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:35 pm 

nitrogen pressure is simply a result of your desired ride height given how much oil you have in them.... there is no right or wrong ratio or level. more oil, less pressure for ride height... less oil, more pressure at ride height= common air shock complaints.

if the rate feels good but they are harsh on bumps then you should soften the compression valving. if the tires carry over woops rather than dropping into them at speed you should soften up the rebound valving. from there you should try to maintain a nice flat vehicle while hauling ass through the rouch stuff and make small changes accordingly. only if you never bottom out and you can visually see the dust make on the shaft should you remove oil, by removing oil you will increase the amount of unloading you have and soften the spring rate and making it closer to a floppy wet noodle....

chances are that you will have to make some sort of compromise, "go fast" suspension is usually too soft with the damping than somethign setup for crawling. a rock crawler will carry a tire in the woops while a fast tuned suspension will unload faster and more on things where a crawler will stay solid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 am 

Ok bryce mine never bottom out or even come close even when jumping pressure is set at 96 both front and rear. suspension unloads bigtime and if I go up a rock with my drivers front the vehicel will leen heavy and unload the drivers side rear and let hte pass rear do all the work. I figured I had too much oil but based on your fact of never bottoming that kind of takes that idea away. I only run about 3-5" of shock showing depending on summer/winter and usage. and again have 96 psi in all 4 shocks. Whats your thought???

"STOP, WAIT A MINUTE, LISTEN"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm 

I looked for pictures and everything is a red X... have any straight on side and front/rear shots at ride height?

[ 5 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic