<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Coilover shock oil?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am 

When I was pulling apart my front end, the cap of one of my shocks opened up and I lost the oil & N2 charge.

Poly sells a gallon of swayaway oil for $50, but I realistically only need a quart. I'm guessing other vendors sell the same for about the same.

I was also thinking I can swing by the dirtbike shop on M-59 and Elizabeth Lk Rd and grab some locally.

Before I head over to the local dirtbike shop and buy a quart of coilover oil, is there a difference in coilover oils? Different grades and thicknesses? If so, what should I ask for?

Or should I stop being cheap and order up a gallon?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:02 pm 

ask for "5 weight shock/fork oil" take you pick on the brand....

I bought a gallon about 5 years ago and I still have about 1/3 of it left.... I have done a lot of changes and adds too. a couple quarts will work for a lot of it... or you can just buy a gallon and be done with it.. either way works. 7 weight is also an alternative oil and is effectively the same as stiffening the valving if you want and 10 weight is as high as I would go... it would probably be pretty stiff with the way SAW valves things from the factory.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:09 pm 

Thanks. I'll check prices when I go in and see whether its worth going for the gallon or grabbing a couple of quarts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:57 pm 
I GOT NO REAL LIFE

I'll split the gallon with you John.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 pm 

I hear vegetable oil works well.

[ 5 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic