<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Rubber suspension joints

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:28 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

I want RUBBER ones. I can't seem to find them anymore. Last year, OK, 2 years ago when I was looking I found some and now I can't. Under $20 each with the steel outer and inner sleeves.....9/16"-5/8" bolt and around 3" wide....?

PolyPerfomance has some, but they look like poly...

MORE has some, but they are poly....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:02 pm 

I would give John R spring a try, they have an ass load of parts like that...Nice guy in the back too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:22 pm 

XJ and TJ lower control arm bushings... light machining on some 2.25x.188" tube I think... dont remember exactly... check on your own. then get a 1.0 or 1.25" 3" socked head cap screw and cut 1/2 the head off and weld it to the tube and press in the rubber bushing.... if you only need a couple of them i have a few... if you need a bunch just get some stock control arms and steal them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:33 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Thats what I used on my last setup, I just didn't like the fact they were pressed in....they "could" pop out sideways. Probably slim chance, but....

I had forgot about doing that actually. I think I still have a handfull of those rubbers laying around...that is a backup plan.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm 

they have a larger diameter and when you machine the press diameter in you can make it as tight as you want.... when I built mine one of them was a very light press and I was worried about it and it still never moved.... it's a no-brainer really...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

I just would really love to find something that slipped together.

When I made my first control arm for the TJ when I needed longer lower control arms, waaaay back in '01, I used those joints, I had pops and pings from them when I flexed it. Probably because it was a short arm and saw a lot of stress. The ones I put on the radius arms never made a sound however, and those were the same ones I had on the short arm, I just cut them off and used them for the radius arms.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:54 pm 
WANNA BE WEB WHEELER

Fine. I'll do it.

I can't find what I want. I have 8 bushings in the garage and one machined tube left over. Its 2.75 diameter x 2.0 wide tube, at least thats what I used.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:51 am 

I saw this tonight while surfing on poly performance:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Jee ... p-532.html

It looks like a rubicon express part number (RE-3763) , but at $25 each it's no bargain.

[ 8 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic