<- Home Page *Search  

Reply to topic Post new topic
Albright Shores Mud Bog 7-3 to 7-4 Dialup beware

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:29 pm 

Here are some pics of the albright shores mud bog this weekend. Petersons 4x4 was there covering the event so I went in attempts to get my jeep in a magazine :) Unfortunately, they put me in the DOT OPEN class against guys with 44's and 800hp so in comparison I ran like a fat girl trying to dig her underwear out of her crack. All in all it was fun though and they had a little rock garden I played on before the competition. Here are some pics, loading could take a while for you dial up guys.

Later,
Jason

"Vehicles illegally parked here will be cheerfully disassembled and used for parts"

1985 CJ-7, 460,C6,BW1356,NP205, R/C Front D60, Standard Rear, 37" Irocks, 4 link front and rear, locked front and rear.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:39 pm 

I have more 35mm pics of the little rock course and will scan them in if you all want to see them, Andrew rolled his willys 3 different times at a kind of bad spot there in the rocks. On an side note, I was talking to one of the organizers of the mud bog and he said that there hasn't been anybody playing in the rock garden in 3-4 years, he said if we knew people who were into this stuff that we could probably get a little sideline competition going on the mud bog days. They have lots of room there to set up a large course if there was interest in it but no body pays attention to it at this time. If enough of us came a few times and ran it back and forth and sideway you could get a crowd wound up. It is admitedly a small course, but if it were a crowd pleaser they would build more... Just a thought anyhow, michigan needs some real off road parks not this mud bull shit!

Later,
Jason

"Vehicles illegally parked here will be cheerfully disassembled and used for parts"

1985 CJ-7, 460,C6,BW1356,NP205, R/C Front D60, Standard Rear, 37" Irocks, 4 link front and rear, locked front and rear.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:02 pm 

Shit, I was there one of the last times the rock pile was used. It was in 2002 when they used it for Sand-o-rama. I never heard anything about it after that. Get things organized and guys will show up.

We-Rock/XRRA #199

Badlands Offroad, Maxxis, Superior Axle, Solid Axle Ind, Spidertrax, PSC, Branik Machine, QA1, High Angle Driveline, Warn, Sway-a-way, Cottman Transmission, PRP Seats, Summit Racing, CTM Racing, Allied Wheel, and McKinney corp.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:55 pm 

the rocks are glfwda property and i believe aaron young was in charge of them, i'd like to see them get some use at least..... the only problem is there isnt much there thats challenging because they put them in a field instead of on some hills or in some trees

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:57 pm 

and damn that wheel base is long... wanna sell the iroks for some bigger tires???? :poke:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:15 pm 

The rocks could be challenging but the pile is small. The first time I was there it was almost too hard to use. It was all huge rocks. Later they brought in a bunch of smaller rocks that filled in all of the holes and made it easy.

We-Rock/XRRA #199

Badlands Offroad, Maxxis, Superior Axle, Solid Axle Ind, Spidertrax, PSC, Branik Machine, QA1, High Angle Driveline, Warn, Sway-a-way, Cottman Transmission, PRP Seats, Summit Racing, CTM Racing, Allied Wheel, and McKinney corp.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:42 pm 

95geo wrote:
and damn that wheel base is long... wanna sell the iroks for some bigger tires???? :poke:

Yeah, I know, I can't shorten it up because of the 2 xfercases and I should have bought bigger tires when I got them, I stepped down from 39.5 tsls to these and kind of regret it. I really can't sell them though 'cause I would never be able to get anywhere near what I have in them back out of em. The rig works pretty good like it is, so I guess who cares if it looks long...

Anyhow, they have the heavy equiptment there to make a better course. They recently put in a tough truck course. I just think that if some of you guys were willing to run it if we set something up and we could draw a crowd, maybe they would make it a worth while course. I kept trying all weekend to talk these full size guys into running it, not a one of the pusies would. They are all like I have leaf springs, or I dont have the clearance for it... Alot of stuff could run it and it would be great to get some of these mud guys to break their shit on the rocks! They were just haveing a play bog out there today and everytime Andrew rolled his jeep the mud bog pretty much shut down and the people over there flocked to teh other side to watch him. I am pretty sure after the first roll drew a crowd he was doing that shit on purpose.

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:43 pm 

Any of you know how much big rocks cost and where to get them? Also what kind of money is involed with sprayed concrete, anyone know?

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:51 pm 
Aiden's Bitch

boulders are usally around 60 -80 bucks a ton i can check in the morning the last ones i bought were 65 a ton. amd saying a ton is like 1 or 2 rocks its not cheap. the guys building courses are using that gunite (sp) shit, looks pretty exspensive saying concrete alone is 70 bucks or so a yard and then add the price to get a pump out there to spray it

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:08 am 

elusive said concrete is going for $90 a yard now.. eeekkk

those rocks at albright came from a quarry in alpena. you will definetly have better luck finding some up north for a descent price than down here.

they paid $2000. for a double hauler semi. and thats how many rocks there were.. EXPENSIVE

HOGGIN AND BOGGIN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:42 am 
Aiden's Bitch

90 dollas holy chit

pretty much unless you got someones big pocket book to back you up or a buisness, its not worth it if you only throw a couple grand at it.

Quote:
Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:25 pm 

"The new MJ" got the rocks for the price of trucking, i dont think that deal is around anymore either

there were talks of getting stuff like that done at the mounds but we can all see how that turned out, they took stuff out rather than bring stuff in

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:26 pm 
strangler is hoser's shrink

Im not sure yet, but I think I want to request more pics of the chick in the Willys.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:49 pm 

strangler wrote:
Im not sure yet, but I think I want to request more pics of the chick in the Willys.

I just went through the 35mm pics I have and am sorry to say there are no more good ones of her. Andrews wife has a bunch of digital pics too that I have to get from her as soon as she gets them off her cam. The chic w/ Andrew is Ashley, she is a freind of ours from nebraska.

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:29 pm 

goooooo cornhuskers!!!!

HOGGIN AND BOGGIN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:53 pm 
Fresh out of the Clam

Got any more pics of the Peterbilt? that thing looks awsome!

http://ehplusmedia.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:19 am 

Juice wrote:
Got any more pics of the Peterbilt? that thing looks awsome!

Nope, sorry. It was a pretty neat truck though. The way it was told to me is it is a stipped semi cab on a blazer frame. I was told that he has anywhere from 800-1100 HP (depending on who I was talking to) and he runs all three mod classes, 36, 40, and 44. Pretty quick off the line, but I think it was just too heavy, kept sinking like a stone.

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:24 pm 

Eight of my friends went to albright to run and all of them are let down do to the piss poor organization of everything. Classes took way tooo long to get threw and everyone was dismayed at only being able to run once.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:27 pm 

Yeah, I have to agree it was some piss poor organization. When lynn from z93 started announceing she quit announcing the classes that were running so I went and waited by my jeep for like 2 hrs 'till the guy I knew was ahead of me went. Even then, being a first timer I had no clear idea of if it was really my turn or not, but I kind of heard them announce my name when I was in the staging so I figured I was good to go. All in all they need someone back staging and making sure that the right guy is going on his/her turn.

Later,
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:43 pm 

I used to run there a few years ago, One time we didnt run our 44 class tell after dark! Not to mention they dont have any lights there.
Half the time the way they measure the run is wrong and the guys are normaly drunk after the stock class.

[ 20 posts ]
Reply to topic Post new topic